Here we go again....

In 2008, I was diagnosed with DCIS, the precursor to "REAL" breast cancer. Being young, I decided to take a very aggressive approach to this and opted for a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction. No radiation, no chemo., no hormones & only a 1 % chance of reoccurance, seemed like a good percentage at the time, but not so much these days.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shots, Syringes, Weeds, & Kick Butt Entries



NEEDLES GOING IN

Went  in today, with my Momma, to get me Neulasta shot. This is a shot they give Subcutaneously (SQ/under the skin). The nurse and the literature on it says it burns going in so they try and inject it slowly so it is not so bothersome. Here I am getting that shot. It did not hurt. This is the shoot that is going to REV UP my bone marrow to create more WBC's to prevent infections and keep me going. The worst of this shot comes 4-5 days later in the form of intense bone pain in your larger bones. We'll see.
While we were at the ROC we ran into Dr. Lemke and she was gracious enough to write my parents a note saying I was dong chemo to get them their money back on some NASCAR race tickets. See I told you they were great parents, they chose me over a race!  Anyways, she also took a quick at the Seroma (fluid bubble) under my arm and suggested I go to the surgeons office and get it drained again, so she made an appointment and over I went to see the NP, Lisa, in the office.

NEEDLES DRAWING OUT



Here you can see the seroma under my arm, no it isn't a third boob, it is just fluid that built up again from the Lymph node dissection & no I am not scared, it was my mom's fisrt picture on the Iphone and she was as steady as she should have been, she got it by the second picture.  Below you can see how Lisa stuck a butterfly needle in and got out another 20cc's. Again, I did not feel a thing as it can be numb in that area for a good 3-6 months from the surgery.
                   
     

So, other than that, I took my nausea meds as prescribed and I have not had any all day. No headaches, no pain, no fatigue. I have been up since 6:30am doing what I normally do any other day. no lie!
So now I have nothing until next Monday when I have bloodwork back @ the ROC.


So, on to the newest submissions in the Kicking Cancer in the Butt Campaign: Photo 1 is the Onodaga Girls Ice Volleyball Team - That sounds very dangerous to me, but apparently these girls are good at it and just won the championship. A good bunch to have on my campaign & congrats girls!


Now these ladies in Photo 2 might need a disclaimer, this photo was sent @ 11pm at night, so they might have been drinking, it certainly seems there is a nice bar behind them. This is not against the rules and we all know that pictures are often better when you are drinking, so for you of those who are of age, carry on, Marie and the girls are kicking butt and it doesn't appear they fell or injured themselves either.
                  KEEP THEM COMING              
                                                                                                                                                                                  

WEED PARTY - I know you are probably thinking I mean this type of weed party(pic. to right), but we know all those parties were held on 4.20.12, so since we missed that date, I am talking about something different. I started weeding in my back yard four days after my second surgery, it was a beautiful day and I was being gentle for my incisions, well my neighbor, Chuck, ratted on me to Andy and told me NO MORE WEEDING. But I always do the weeding and I like doing it. So, Ellen said, we should have a weeding party and finish the rest of the weeding for you. Rex mows, but hasn't learned the fine art of weeding, anyways, if you would like to weeding that looks more like this, let Ellen know, she is coordinating it and taking it out of my hands, very reluctantly. You may have to have a guard at each door so I don't come out to help. Ellen's email is edpdmp@gmail.com. 

1 comment:

  1. Think of it this way...instead of weeding in your garden, you are weeding out cancer (and then throw that nasty thing out)!!

    ReplyDelete