Here we go again....

In 2008, I was diagnosed with DCIS, the precursor to "REAL" breast cancer. Being young, I decided to take a very aggressive approach to this and opted for a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction. No radiation, no chemo., no hormones & only a 1 % chance of reoccurance, seemed like a good percentage at the time, but not so much these days.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Happy Easter

We met with Dr. Kort yesterday, again, another awesome lady on my team, loved her. She & the rest of the team are not happy with the margins we got during the last surgery, they feel they are too close to the skin and even though we are doing radiation in the end, they still feel we need to go in and do a wider excision of the area to make sure we got out all the DCIS & invasive cancer cells. So she will do that wider excision, get a "handful" of lymph nodes, and put in my port next Thursday, 4.12, @ 2pm. It should be an "in and out procedure", but they have a bed reserved in case I am not feeling up to coming home, if they get me out before 2pm the next day it is still considered one day surgery.

The HER2 came back negative, which is good. It means there is one less chemo medication I have to take. Still waiting on the BRACA and ONCOTYPE test although both have been approved and covered in full by my insurance.

I have received lots of cards, flowers, and visitors. Thank you all for those, I can't believe they make cancer cards now. My visitors have offered me lots of good advice for the months ahead and I have been getting lots of tips on how to keep my immune system up for strength and energy. Why do they have to look like this though?(pic to left)   I like these green drinks better.

Had a great afternoon today with the neighbors and cousins doing an easter egg hunt  and then the cousins stayed to decorate eggs. I think Uncle Mark had the most fun of all the kids, but my Easter Egg Basket Egg won most creative. Do you see how long my hair is here?
Well have a Happy Easter with your family and friends and again, thank you all for your love, support, and prayers, they are much appreciated and I feel very grateful to have you all in my life!


1 comment:

  1. Dear Sherie, I found your blog on facebook after I saw my friend Dez comment. Best wishes to you..... I am stage 2, I found out 1 month ago...

    ReplyDelete