Here we go again....

In 2008, I was diagnosed with DCIS, the precursor to "REAL" breast cancer. Being young, I decided to take a very aggressive approach to this and opted for a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction. No radiation, no chemo., no hormones & only a 1 % chance of reoccurance, seemed like a good percentage at the time, but not so much these days.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Quiet end of the week

I continued to take my medications as scheduled, I added in a Claritin daily per a recommendation of another blogger who said that seemed to help with the onset of the bone pain. I also have been taking Motrin 800 everyday , just in case, the bone pain tries to sneak through. The most pain I have had is a small achy back and a surge of warmth in my bigger bones on Wednesday evening while watching American Idol, but maybe that was just the Queen Tribute! The Steriod, Decadron, they give 3 days post infusion was done as of Wednesday and I definitely felt a dip in energy without that. It is suppose to be for Nausea, but it definitely gave me a bust of energy all day.

 So the other excitement on Wednesday was I got my hair cut in anticipation of it all falling out and trying to get myself use to it. This cut is actually shorter than what I had anticipated, but it is all going within the next few weeks, so what's the difference. I once did a test about what Hollywood star do you look like. It came up Annette Bening. I look even more like her now, well with Red hair. I like how she always just messes it up, so mess it up it will be!
I also went fun wig shopping on Thursday. Here is a nice long one to get everyone confused, I liked it, but it is alot of hair. I tried on pink and blue, but settled on this lavender wig. I will wear it when I am feeling wild and fun and free,
                                       so probably most every day! I will fit right in at the
                                                                   Lavender Festival


Oh, So I also had a PT appointment on Thursday, after the wig shopping. It is routine after Axillary Node Dissection to be referred to PT to learn exercises to help get your lymph draining the way it needs to drain. We had a great gal, she is one of very few in the Upstate New York area who does this education. She was great and reviewed all the exercises with me that I am suppose to do daily. They should take about 10-15 minutes a day, I think I can handle that. Apparently I am not suppose to carry anymore 80 lb. bags of cement mix up four flights of castle stairs, sorry Andy, you just lost your slave laborer! Good thing you got that crane, which I can operate with my right arm!




Thursday Evening I went and watched Rex play baseball, it was a great game, although cold and wet, and they all did a great job and won. Yeah, Lakers Modified Boys!

By Friday, I was actually a little tired, so after getting the kids off to school I decided it was time for my first nap. Toshie, was a great bed nurse and watched over me while I slept peacefully. It was very nice and I guess I see why people like this napping thing.


So now, my boys are off at another Boyscout camping trip down @ LourdesCamp and I had to Keep Calm and  Call my mother to come and stay with Ruby and I. We are back on the puzzle patrol. We finished the third one this morning, I'd post a picture, but in this case, it just doesn't capture the glory of it all.

Meals have started on the meal train and have been perfectly proportioned and nice size, not too much, we are little eaters! Don't worry about condiments, we have them. When I do get tired, it is usually right around dinner time, so the meals have been a God send, thank you all for being so thoughtful and doing this for me and the family! I live in the best town on earth and have the best family and friends ever!            Totally Grateful for you all!








1 comment: