Here we go again....

In 2008, I was diagnosed with DCIS, the precursor to "REAL" breast cancer. Being young, I decided to take a very aggressive approach to this and opted for a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction. No radiation, no chemo., no hormones & only a 1 % chance of reoccurance, seemed like a good percentage at the time, but not so much these days.

Friday, April 13, 2012

I'm Home

I am home.                                                           I went to the hospital @ 2pm yesterday. Went into surgery @ 4:30pm. Got out of surgery @ 7pm. Up to floor @ 8pm. Discharged @ 9pm. It was a nice, new beautiful private room with a cutie male nurse, Josh, but I just wanted to be home and Dr. Kort was good with that, so I was home, in my recliner, watching American Idol by 10:30pm. OMG, by the way about Idol! I think it was planned for ratings, as does my Mom.           Anyways, the surgery went well, took a bit longer as she had to work around my implant to get all the breast tissue she could, but she got it. I won't have any results until my follow up appointment on 4.27, so stop asking already.
Here is what I came home with. The first bandage is the port which is at my right clavicle. The second picture is under my left arm. the top bandage was an incision for the lymph nodes, she got 4, and the bottom bandage was the re-excision of my lumpectomy 3 weeks ago. A bit tender and sore, but nothing the Percocet can't manage.
I did not get my cheeseburger and fries, surprisingly wasn't as hungry after surgery, but I did stop and get a yummy chicken salad on a croisant from Dunkin Donuts.
I didn't sleep much at all last night. I wasn't in any discomfort, just felt reved up like I had just had a very large coffee. I was texting and facebooking under the covers as Andy was sleeping just fine. I also did some relaxation and meditation as I was feeling my muscles were abit tense. Finally got out of bed at 9am as Physical Therapy called to make an appointment, but this was my nurse until then.
Anyways, My Mom is here and is only giving me an hour on the computer, so time is up, I have to go rest. Ruby is at the Zoo with her Aunti and cousins. Andy is working, but heading to castle with Tosh later today. Our friends Maria & Dave are meeting him up there. It'll be good for him to get up there as it is the one place he really relaxes and he deserves  some of that right now. Mom, Ruby, and I are having a girls weekend, so if any other girls in town are bored, stop on over. we'll be sipping smoothies, working on jig saw puzzles, and watching movies. If you have some good puzzles, bring  them on, we are running low on our supply.
Ms. Andrea, Mom is ready for those oatmeal raisen cookies!
Thank you all once again, for the cards, the flowers, the gift baskets, the texts, emails, and the FB posts. They keep me going. I am usually running on Dunkin, but these days I am running on all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment