Here we go again....

In 2008, I was diagnosed with DCIS, the precursor to "REAL" breast cancer. Being young, I decided to take a very aggressive approach to this and opted for a bi-lateral mastectomy with reconstruction. No radiation, no chemo., no hormones & only a 1 % chance of reoccurance, seemed like a good percentage at the time, but not so much these days.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Choo - Choo - The Meal Train has arrived at the station

Helen has notified me that the Meal Train is up and running.
I created a link to our Meal Train page on the top right of the blog page.
It is simple to use, my Mom figured it out and didn't even need my help, in fact she is already signing up so you better get on there fast before she takes all of them.





It is true when they say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, in my case it is a big, strong tree filled with lots of love & an overwhelming need to take care of me. Look at how cute my Momma is. This was just a few years ago when she first met my Dad (47 yrs.) She is striking the same pose I did in the hospital!

Having a great day today with Andy, Ruby, and Tosh, very laid back and relaxed. Rex is on his way back from the Adirondacks now, he was up helping a friend with his Boyscout Eagle Project. We have some soup on the way, my twin neice and nephew are on the way for a visit, and we'll finish the evening off with a massage from Maria and a glass of champagne.

This breast cancer, the second time around, isn't so bad yet, apparently it knows who it is up against!










No comments:

Post a Comment